Wednesday, March 2, 2011

I need a vacation!!

This week has been long! I mean yes, it is the same hourly duration as any other week, but perhaps it is life's daily stresses that make my mind scream "vacay!"!! Where my humble pocketbook dost not venture, my mind can...

Back in 2001 my uncle got married in Sonoma. I was in high school at the time, so I didn't enjoy Sonoma for most reasons that people head up north. That and I was not even remotely aware that I was allergic to wine. Anyways, the road trip alone with all my cousins was loads of fun. From accidentally flinging a tomato which landed on a fast food booth's glass divider, sliding down the glass leaving a trail of secret sauce as we filled the entire restaurant with roaring laughter--to classing it up with a trip on the Napa Valley Wine Train for the Rehearsal Dinner, it is to this day one of the most memorable road trips I have been on.

The Sonoma Mission Inn is where the wedding was held. Wherever the eyes roam is a new picture perfect for framing. Driving up the long driveway all you can see is a vast compound. You really can't tell what awaits until the valet opens your door and you step outside...


As teenagers who were somewhat restless after a couple hours of the evening's festivities, we decided to roam the grounds. We stumbled into the pool at dusk. The water looked so inviting, like the warmth would melt all the stresses and worries away.


We also walked around the corner where we saw the spa. Oh how I would love love love to get a massage from one of their masseuses and relax in a luxurious cabana outdoors! I can see myself relaxing there now... The ambiance of the afternoon light, the soothing scent of lavender massage oil, soft soothing music so far in the background you must be at complete peace to hear it. Muscles relaxing, tension letting go...


Being there then, I didn't appreciate all that I saw. But revisiting it in my mind, everything about the place, from the attention to interior design details, to the landscaping and architecture--everything-- entices guests to check their worries at the door. So to you, Sonoma Mission Inn, I leave my worries. You can have 'em.



No comments:

Post a Comment