Monday, February 21, 2011

Welcome to The Littlest San Diegan's Blog!

I am excited to finally create a blog and share my inspirations and passions. "Why jump on the Blogging Bandwagon now?" you may ask yourself, but I had so many things that I care to write about that I just couldn't cram into my teeny Moleskine day planner anymore. Hence, the breaking down and setting up a blog.

A little background on me: Not a San Diego native, but a SoCal native indeed. I love to see new places. In fact, I've lived in a handful of counties throughout the years because of said quirk, but I must say that San Diego is the first place I've actually felt a great connection with. Home.

I grew up cooking--at the ripe old age of 2, I would be set up on the kitchen counter by my grandma, her primary intent of keeping me out of trouble, but it wasn't long before I was asking what she was doing and helping her stir whatever was on the stove while she reached for some extra salt or filled a small spoonful to taste-test the evening's meal. I was about 8 when I decided that it would be my lifelong dream to open a restaurant. Now I also went through the "doctor, lawyer, teacher, veterinarian, astronaut, astrophysicist" phase but my desire to one day be a chef and restauranteuse has not yet faded. It has, instead, been overshadowed by the everso financially stable engineering career path, but food is a sincere passion of mine which I intend to persue regardless of whether or not it gets me a paycheck.

This little blog of mine will be my forum, primarily to discuss food, travel and any other hobby of the moment--I find inspiration in so many aspects of life! I hope you find it entertaining.

1 comment:

  1. i am so excited for you to blog on! I know you deliver great stuff! If ya wanna put any recipes for the beginner college student - by all means DO IT! te amo primaa

    ReplyDelete